YWCA welcomes a diverse range of applicants who desire to make a difference by:
- Working to end homelessness in our community
- Promoting economic empowerment for women and families
- Increasing racial equity and social justice for all people.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We’ve got great employee benefits, including:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays (part-time PTO is pro-rated).
- Wellness Program which includes reimbursement of gym membership (restrictions apply).
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Typically after two years of full-time employment, employee is eligible for a YWCA retirement fund that contributes a designated percent monthly with no required employee contribution.
- An excellent work environment and dedicated team of staff members
Because we are mission-driven, client-centered, an excellent employer, and a committed community partner, all our employees are expected to uphold the following core values and performance standards:
- Race & Social Justice Advocacy: Collectively and individually, we work to eliminate the effects of racism, sexism, homophobia, ageism, and other oppressions and help our clients achieve equitable outcomes – outcomes that prioritize those with multiple barriers – in the areas we serve.
- Customer Service: We treat all clients, walk-ins, visitors, and constituents with courtesy and respect, and react with urgency and sensitivity to their important concerns.
- Teamwork: We value individual excellence in the achievement of organizational goals and work effectively as a team for the benefit of YWCA NCW and our community. We understand that cultural competency is required when evaluating effective work and teamwork. We value the voices of our people of color, immigrant and refugee, LGBTQ, and other marginalized staff as positive, effective, and relational.
- Communication: We communicate openly, honestly, and accurately with our staff, volunteers, clients, and constituents. We listen respectfully, solicit feedback, and are open to the suggestions and solutions of others.
- Integrity: We are ethical and trustworthy in our practices and interactions with each other.
- Accountability: We are accountable to our team members, clients, and the community we serve and seek to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are transparent in sharing information with stakeholders and the public.
YWCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is pledged to carry out the spirit and letter of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination in employment on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or the presence of a physical, mental, or sensory disability.
How to Apply
If interested in applying to any of the below available positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FT Development Director
The YWCA Development Director reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will lead in the creation, implementation, and management of a formal development program designed to foster and nurture long-term, meaningful relationships between YWCA NCW, its donors, and donor prospects. Duties and Responsibilities: Fundraising • Strategize and direct all fundraising activities, including major gift cultivation and stewardship, individual annual giving, corporate giving and sponsorships, and foundation and government grants. • Work with Board and Chief Executive Officer to develop a fundraising plan which increases revenue from all sources to support the strategic directions/initiatives of YWCA NCW. • Identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors to support the YWCA’s priorities. • Engage, solicit and steward current and new donors, and provide thorough, accurate, and timely responses to all donor requests. • Develop an overall development strategy, specifically on major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. • Identify grant opportunities and coordinate YWCA grants programs, maintaining all grant information, application deadlines, reports, and deadlines. • Build and oversee a planned giving program. • Coordinate fundraising special events, including working with YWCA staff and volunteers to solicit event sponsorships and in-kind donations. • Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved. Gift Reporting, Acknowledgement and Stewardship • Assume responsibility for all development reports and accurately track all contributions ensuring that donor intentions and restrictions on funds are documented and honored. • As the primary point of development contact, provide timely communications and regular giving reports of all contributions to executive leadership.